Oh yum! Bacon wrapped shrimp is one of my favorites. Pair it with some boursin and I’m in heaven. I add the jalapenos for my husband and I leave mine without because though I’m Asian, I don’t like spicy.
This is one of those recipes that is a cheat for me. It’s pretty decadent, rich and indulgent. I love shrimp and lobster and crab, but I do not eat them very often because those critters are bottom feeders and the trash filters of the sea. I’ll let you decide for yourself how often you want to indulge yourself in some boursin stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp.
The thing that I noticed when making this is that the boursin has a way of wanting to leak out, so when you’re cutting your shrimp for stuffing, make sure you don’t cut the very ends. Then the boursin has less of a way out. And also, make sure you wrap your bacon around the entire slit that you make.
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 6-8 jalapenos, deseeded and sliced
- 5.2 ounce box of boursin, flavor of your choice
- 1 package of bacon, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash, rinse and pat dry shrimp. (I like to also take off the tail shell)
- Slice each shrimp lengthwise, but do not slice to the ends (it helps to keep the boursin inside)
- Stuff each shrimp with boursin.
- Top shrimp with 5-6 slices of jalapenos.
- Wrap shrimp with bacon, making sure to cover all the boursin.
- Bake 10 minutes
- Broil 5 min each side or until desired crispness of bacon
I had some extra jalapeno slices so I just threw those on top of a few of them while they were baking and let my hubby have this plate. Served with a side of cauliflower mac and cheese. I’d love to hear your thoughts and if you made this in the comments below!
Vickie Gould is a Master Herbalist, wellness coach and speaker. She is the best selling author of The Waiting Room and Herb Journal. She often shares her Chronic Lyme Disease story hoping to inspire and give hope to those with chronic health issues. By changing her lifestyle, eating habits and lowering her toxin load she is back to living life after being in bed 16-18 hours per day.
Sign up for Detoxified Life-Style news, tips and recipes here: bit.ly/detoxifiedlife-style